Detroit Lakes' McCullough named to 'artist cohort' by LRAC
Carmen McCullough, a mixed media artist from Detroit Lakes, was among those individuals recently named to the Lake Region Arts Council's 2021 Artist Cohort.
Others named to participate in this 10-week program were Michael Burgraff, a ceramics artist from Fergus Falls; Kandace Creel Falcón a painter from Erhard; Jillayne Hanson, a painter from Barrett; Kelli Sinner, a ceramics artist from Moorhead; and Nancy Valentine, a painter from Fergus Falls.
Participants were chosen based on diversity of artistic disciplines, geographic representation and commitment.
Cohort artist's activities will include the following, to be provided at no cost to the artist:
- One on one career coaching and goal setting;
- Professional 1-2 minute video for self-promotion;
- The Artist Spotlight, where artists are featured in the LRAC newsletter, Facebook, LRAC;
- Artist Registry and LRAC Solo Gallery;
- Reserved registration for the 12 session Work of Art series by Springboard for the Arts, that promotes career development;
- How to create a professional bio/artist statement workshop;
- Components of a professional website workshop;
- Grant writing workshop;
- Grant proposal proofreading and editing;
- Professionally photographed samples of their work;
- Networking opportunities with other artists.
Frazee student earns scholarship to attend UW-Eau Claire
Jaryn Johannsen, a recent graduate of Frazee-Vergas High School, earned a Ralph E. Duxbury Biological Sciences New Student Scholarship to attend classes at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (UWEC) this fall.
Johannsen was among 481 incoming UWEC freshmen to receive scholarships from the university for the 2020-21 academic year.
Vergas student graduates with honors from UW-Stevens Point
Madalin Berube, Vergas, recently graduated with cum laude academic honors from the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in dance.