LAKE PARK — Hunter Frank, a 2016 Lake Park-Audubon High School graduate, recently received a $400 scholarship from the LP-A Education Association.
Frank is a senior at Minnesota State University Moorhead, majoring in Elementary Inclusive Education. While at MSUM, Frank has been involved as a student coach for the men’s basketball program at MSUM and volunteering at the LP-A Elementary School in Audubon.
Frank will complete his teaching degree in December of 2020. He plans to eventually get his Master’s Degree in Education and a Specialist Degree in Administration.
Each year, the Lake Park Audubon Education Association gives out scholarships to help LPA alumni that are going into their senior year of college, majoring in an education field. The amount of the scholarship varies from year to year depending on the number of applicants chosen.
Several local students receive scholarships from BSU alumni
BEMIDJI —Several local students were recently awarded scholarships from BSU Alumni & Foundation at Bemidji State University.
Among those earning the honor were the following:
- Elijah Disse, Detroit Lakes, a BSU senior majoring in environmental studies, was awarded the Harold T. Peters Scholarship.
- James Huwe, Detroit Lakes, a junior majoring business administration and sport management received the Allan Adams Memorial Scholarship.
- Aaron Schnathorst, Detroit Lakes, a junior majoring in sports management, received the Jeff "Bird" McBride Memorial Scholarship.
- Ellen Teiken, Detroit Lakes, a sophomore majoring in chemistry, was awarded both the Jack Quistgard Pre-Pharmacy Scholarship and the Fishing for Fun Emeriti Scholarship,
- Abigal Voz, Detroit Lakes, a senior majoring in wildlife biology, was awarded the Noel Clay Science Abroad Scholarship.
- Alec Meyer, Frazee, a senior majoring in accounting and business administration, received both the Richard "Dick" Haberer Business Scholarship and the Joe Kocinski Accounting Scholarship.
- Chelsea Samuelson, Frazee, a sophomore majoring in biology, was awarded the David & Kathryn Sorensen Leadership Scholarship.
- Kendal Ware, Frazee, a senior majoring in elementary education, received the Gladys McKinley Distance Learning Scholarship.
These awards are among the more than 900 scholarships valued at nearly $1.2 million to be distributed by BSU Alumni and Foundation for the 2019-20 academic year. As a result of Bemidji State's successful Imagine Tomorrow campaign, BSU Alumni & Foundation's annual support of student scholarships has increased substantially. In 2010-11, prior to the Imagine Tomorrow campaign, the foundation awarded 701 scholarships valued at $678,000.