Six finalists have been selected to interview this weekend for the Detroit Lakes School District’s superintendent vacancy.
The finalists were selected by the Detroit Lakes School Board at a special meeting Monday, Jan. 27. They were chosen from a pool of 23 applicants, based on criteria established by the school board.
The finalists are:
- Shannon Hunstad, Superintendent of Lancaster Public Schools, Lancaster, Minn.
- Mark Jenson, Rocori High School Principal, Cold Spring, Minn.
- Michael Kolness, Superintendent of East Grand Forks Public Schools, East Grand Forks, Minn.
- Michelle Mortensen, Superintendent of Renville County West Public Schools, Renville, Minn.
- Adam Nelson, Dean of Students, Cannon Falls Area Schools, Cannon Falls, Minn.
- Donita Stepan, Elementary Principal, Prescott, Wis.
The school board has scheduled interviews for the finalists beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 1, at the Detroit Lakes Holiday Inn.
All interviews are open to the public. Those who attend may be asked to provide written feedback to the board, but only if they stay until all of the interviews are completed.
Each interview is expected to last for approximately an hour, with 15 minute breaks in between.
The district's current superintendent, Doug Froke, announced last year that he will be leaving his position at the end of this school year His last day on the job will be June 30.