Several area students graduated from North Dakota State University in Fargo at the end of fall semester 2019.
Those students from this area who earned their degrees include the following (listed by hometown; an asterisk indicates the student graduated with honors).
- Chris Craig Dickey, BS, Crop and Weed Sciences
- *Zachary Taylor Dukleth, BS, Biological Sciences
- *Drake George Schiffner, BSME, Mechanical Engineering
From Detroit Lakes:
- Sam Allen Beck, BUS, University Studies
- *Jenna Rae Field, BS, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Christian J. Hedstrom, BUS, University Studies
- Marissa Brooke Hofer, BS, Biological Sciences
- Alexis Marie Hukriede, BS, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Briana Marie Justin, MS, Educational Leadership
- Alec Ray Lackmann, PHD, Env. and Conservation Sciences
- James Peter LaPlante, BS, Strategic Communication
- Benjamin David Mallow, BS, Engineering
- *Kaitlyn Mae Stalberger, BS, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- *Ellee Kaye Traurig, BS, Psychology
- Emma Marie Walski, BS, Criminal Justice
From Lake Park:
- Jazmin Marie Fugere, BS, App., Retail Merch. and Design
- *Baley Lynn Pederson, BS, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ashley Ann Johnson, BS, Sport Management
- Jacob Steven Worms, BS, Agricultural Economics
- Dylan Michael Swanson, BS, Crop and Weed Sciences.
Local students named to Concordia dean's list
Several local students were among those honored for their academic achievements by being named to the dean's honor list at Concordia College in Moorhead for fall semester 2019.
Among those receiving this honor were the following: Molly Buhr, Brittany Ginnaty, Connor Haugrud, Cassandra Jenson, Halle Jordan, Jacob Kerzman, Maycen Kirchner, Nicholas Larson, Aaron Oakes, Rachael Perkins, Emily Smith and Lauren Tschider, all of Detroit Lakes; Delaney Matejka, Frazee; Elise Grabinger and Erin Grabinger, both of Lake Park; Nathan Kraft and Larissa Schoenborn, both of Mahnomen; Andre Schaum, Osage; and Jace Engelstad, Pelican Rapids.
To qualify for this designation, students must carry a minimum of 12 semester credits and have a grade point average of at least a 3.7 on a 4.0 scale.
Detroit Lakes' Nelson earns master's degree from St. Scholastica
Heidi Nelson, Detroit Lakes, recently graduated from the College of St. Scholastica with a Master of Science degree in occupational therapy.
St. Scholastica held its fall 2019 commencement ceremonies on Saturday, Dec. 14, on campus in Duluth, Minn.
Detroit Lakes' Lindberg named to dean's list at Mayville State
Jenna Lindberg, Detroit Lakes, was among those students at Mayville (N.D.) State University to be named to the dean's list for academic achievement during fall semester 2019.
In order to be named to the dean's list, each student must attain a grade point average of 3.50 or higher and successfully complete a minimum of 12 graded credit hours of regular academic credit for the semester.
Area students named to NDSU dean's list
Several area residents were among the 4,069 North Dakota State University students to be placed on the dean's list for academic achievement during fall semester 2019. A student must earn a 3.50 grade point average or higher and be enrolled in at least 12 class credits to qualify for the NDSU dean’s list.
Among those qualifying for the honor were the following students (listed by hometown).
- Justin J. Beck, Civil Engineering
- Will Jacobson, Mechanical Engineering
- Rileigh A. Leininger, Nursing
- Drake G. Schiffner, Mechanical Engineering
- Kaylee H. Swenson, Computer Science
- William Thom, English Education
- Megan B. Chromy, Manufacturing Engineering
- Alex P. Mason, Architecture
- Kalie M. Steffl, Psychology
From Detroit Lakes:
- Melissa A. Burt, Sociology
- Aaron J. Conklin, Mechanical Engineering
- Alison A. Dahring, Pharmacy
- Emma E. Disse, Sport Management
- Jenna R. Field, Pharmacy
- Greta C. Fritz, Marketing
- Breanna Hamm-Coyne, Accounting
- Josie M. Harrier, Statistics
- Marissa B. Hofer, Biological Sciences
- Hannah A. Jacobson, Human Development and Family Sci.
- Elizabeth J. Lembke, Psychology
- Ellie A. Lunde, Nursing
- Ethan McCullough, Architecture
- Jonas J. Mickelson, Construction Management
- Kali K. Olsen, Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Reed R. Reller, Architecture
- Cara G. Seaberg, Undeclared
- Lance J. Singer, Construction Management
- Wade L. Singer, Sport Management
- Ellee K. Traurig, Psychology
- Christian G. Tunheim, Civil Engineering
- Emma M. Walski, Criminal Justice
- Sarah M. Wendt, Agricultural Education
- Addisyn S. Young, Microbiology
- Charles J. Christensen, Management
- Isabella M. Matejka, Nursing
- Canton L. Matson, Mechanical Engineering
- Brock M. Riewer, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Daniel J. Willenbring, Computer Science
- Heather A. Wollum, Statistics
- Caleb D. Wutzke, Computer Science
From Lake Park:
- Rachel L. Grande, Pharmacy
- Grace E. Highness, Biological Sciences
- Bailey S. Mattson, Veterinary Technology
- Baley L. Pederson, Pharmacy
- Tyler D. Todd, Criminal Justice
- Rachel M. Ullme, Music
- Justine M. Haugo, Agricultural Education
- Abigail R. Large, Human Development and Family Sciences
From Pelican Rapids:
- Carly J. Black, Pharmacy
- Hayden J. Christenson, Computer Science
- Hally J. Evenson, Crop and Weed Sciences
- Melisa Hajdar, Nursing
- Preston Hart, Electrical Engineering
- Morgan M. Hatle, Human Development and Family Sci.
- Tatum L. Hoff, Public History
- Kristopher L. Olson, Biological Sciences Education
- Tessa R. Zima, Mathematics.