Local Sanford Health locations are offering a scholarship for area students who are seeking a degree in a field related to health care. Applications are available online and due by April 11.
Students applying for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Have an affiliation with a participating Sanford Network facility.
- Accepted into a health care program at an accredited, post-secondary institution.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater, calculated on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Must send an official transcript of grades from their last completed semester of study.
- The transcript must show current grade point average.
Students will receive written notice about scholarship decisions. Previous recipients of this scholarship are eligible to receive it again, but a lifetime limit of $4,000 is in place for this specific scholarship. Applicants do not need to be employed by Sanford Health or be directly related to a Sanford Health employee.
Additional information about this scholarship, and all Sanford Health sponsored scholarships is available online. To find details, search “scholarships” in the search bar at SanfordHealth.org.
Sanford Health is one of the largest health systems in the U.S., headquartered in Sioux Falls, S.D. The organization includes 44 hospitals, 1,400 physicians and more than 200 Good Samaritan Society senior care locations in 26 states and nine countries.