Becker County Crime and fire report: July 11-13
House burglarized in Detroit Lakes, mail box blown up and other reports from the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Office
Monday, July 11
- 7:15 a.m., Door on a business was damaged by a person trying to patronize the business located on Richwood Road, Detroit Lakes.
- 7:54 p.m., Patient in the emergency room in Detroit Lakes was being disorderly. Eventually the individual was escorted home by a White Earth officer.
- 8:10 a.m., Damage to a port-a-potty was reported on 290th Avenue, Detroit Lakes. A large firework was suspected to have been detonated inside of it.
- 1:24 p.m., Vehicle was being driven in fast circles when a rock was kicked up and broke a window on the Toad Lake Township Town Hall along County Road 117, Frazee.
- 4:36 p.m., Woman, 73, reported her mailbox along 125th Street, Detroit Lakes, had been blown up, possibly by fireworks.
- 9:48 p.m., Male, 28, was threatening to shoot himself and others at a residence on Native Loop, Ponsford. The individual was suspected of being under the influence. He had left before officers arrived.
Tuesday, July 12
- 2:45 p.m., Motorcycle was allegedly taken from a residence on Oak Hills Drive. Officers requested, and are waiting on paperwork for the motorcycle, such as the VIN number.
- 3:13 p.m., Drug paraphernalia was found and destroyed at a residence along Eighth Street, Detroit Lakes.
- 11:58 a.m., As an adult male left a golf course on County Highway 17, Detroit Lakes, he was being threatened by an adjacent property owner, who thought he was on his property.
- 2:24 p.m., Construction crew member on State Highway 87, Frazee, reported a male had driven by a construction worker flagger at a stop sign and continued driving on the wrong side of the road. Frazee Police Department located the 80-year-old driver and discussed his driving conduct.
- 2:42 p.m., A 17-year-old male was reported as a runaway from a residence on County Highway 21, Detroit Lakes.
- 5:20 p.m., Purse was reported stolen from a school in Ogema.
- 7:13 p.m., Male, 73, drove his vehicle in the ditch along County Highway 22, Detroit Lakes. The man was taken to the hospital for clearance before being brought to jail on DWI charges.
- 7:38 p.m., Man approached the shore of a Boy Scout camp in Ponsford and began threatening to beat up people at the camp. When officers arrived, the man had left. The camp advisers were told if the man returns to call the police department again.
Wednesday, July 13
- 8:32 a.m., Compost site was reportedly being torn up by juveniles on ATVs. Extra patrols in the area were ordered.
- 11:58 p.m., Loud music and voices at a beach resulted in a noise complaint in Osage. When officers arrived, no one was at the beach.
- 12:07 p.m., Business owner on Eighth Street, Detroit Lakes, believes fuel is being siphoned from vehicles on their property.
- 12:30 p.m., Burglary at a residence on Central Street, Detroit Lakes was reported. The house had been rummaged through while occupants were not home. Investigation is ongoing.
- 1:06 p.m., Male, 71, fell off the roof of a single-story home on Lake Ida Lane, Lake Park. The man reportedly fell onto a wood pile and was conscious when rescue squads arrived. An air medical unit was called to transport the man to the hospital.
- 3:51 p.m., Storage unit on Eighth Street, Detroit Lakes, was reported burglarized.
- 4:09 p.m., Stolen check was submitted to a bank in Detroit Lakes. The attempted fraud is under investigation.
- 5:10 p.m., Reckless driving, damage to a property and theft of a $1,000 welcome sign were reported at a residence on Wolf Pack Road, Menahga.