Becker County Crime and fire report: July 18-20
Stolen bicycle returned, bear makes a mess in Rochert and other reports from the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Office
Monday, July, 18
- 3:06 a.m., Alarm in a boiler room was going off in an apartment building along Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes. It was a false alarm.
- 9:42 a.m., Complaint was taken of a neighbor urinating on their property along East Island Lake Road, Detroit Lakes. Complainant had a video.
- 11:53 a.m., Vehicle rollover was reported on County Highway 15, Detroit Lakes. The driver was a 72-year-old female from Oaks, N.D. Her vehicle stopped when the tires reached the shore of Fog Lake. She was transported to the ER. Injuries were unknown.
- 1:20 p.m., Speeding traffic caused concern for a resident living along County Highway 44, Park Rapids. The Becker County Sheriff’s Office placed speed signs in the area.
- 7:16 p.m., Overdose was reported at a residence on State Highway 34, Osage. A male, 36, was given two doses of narcan. He refused transport for further medical services.
Tuesday, July 19
- 2:37 a.m., Male, 20, had a knife and was making threats to his girlfriend, who was also 20. The male was taken to jail and charges are pending.
- 7:22 a.m., Theft of an ATV was reported on Wannigan Road, Frazee. The ATV was found on a nearby trail.
- 10:34 a.m., Pontoon with a cover on it floated to a residence on West Lake Drive, Detroit Lakes. The boat owner was located.
- 12:42 p.m., Lost food card was reported stolen after a 66-year-old male from Waubun learned that his card had been used. Investigation is ongoing.
- 5:04 p.m., Found a bag of marijuana pipes along U.S. Highway 10, Detroit Lakes.
- 7:51 p.m., Bear was tearing up trash along County Road 126, Rochert. Officers suggested the caller and neighbor remove food sources from the area and to contact the DNR.
- 10:04 p.m., Intoxicated female was damaging property and causing a disturbance at her boyfriend’s residence on 353rd Circle, Ogema. Both adults were 21 years old. The female was charged with fourth degree damage to property.
- 11:50 p.m., Brake lines failed on a vehicle located on Rossman Avenue, Detroit Lakes. Officer assisted motorist.
Wednesday, July 20
- 3:04 a.m., Wandering 4-year-old boy was found on Roosevelt Avenue, Detroit Lakes. Mother was located, all was OK.
- 10:12 a.m., Burglary was reported at a residence on Marten Drive, Ogema. Female, 25, reported two TVs with wall mounts had been taken, as well as a sound bar and other items.
- 4:03 p.m., Damage to a rental unit on U.S. Highway 10, Detroit Lakes was reported. The door of the storage unit had been “ripped off.”
- 5:44 p.m., Stolen bicycle was located and returned to the owner on West Avenue, Detroit Lakes. No charges were filed.
- 7:57 p.m., Theft of a Vexilar FL-19 fish finder from a boat on a trailer was reported by a civilian who was shopping at a business on U.S. Highway 10, Detroit Lakes, when the incident happened.
- 6:34 p.m., Broken windshield was reported after a wild turkey was struck by a 2000 Ford Econoline driven by a 64-year-old female on County Road 143, Ogema.