Becker County crime and fire report: July 7-10
Officer helps stranded motorist, man threatening to cut children was arrested and other reports from the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Office
Thursday, July 7
- 4:32 a.m., A 22-year-old man reported he was assaulted by another man, also 22, in his Osage apartment. The suspect was noted to have weapons. The two men were separated.
- 7:21 a.m., A gas drive off was reported at a business in Callaway. The business provided the license plate number to an officer and the investigation is ongoing.
- 8:10 a.m., Graffiti was reported on a bridge on East Main Avenue in Frazee.
- 12:36 p.m., A large bell was stolen from a church on 175th Street, Detroit Lakes.
- 2:15 p.m., Damage at a substation owned by Otter Tail Power was reported in Audubon. The fence around the substation had been cut and the doors on the shed were pried open.
- 2:30 p.m., Detroit Lakes female reported she was the victim of emotional, physical and sexual abuse of a male. The age of the female was not reported.
- 2:44 p.m., An 89-year-old woman contacted police to get advice regarding a letter she received in the mail stating it was from the IRS. The Munson Lane resident in Detroit Lakes was advised to contact the company that did her taxes before responding to the letter.
- 5:33 p.m., Resident on Maple Avenue reported she had been chased by two at-large dogs, which bit her shirt and tore it.
- 7:31 p.m., A 40-year-old man was arrested for DWI after a pursuit with White Earth Police Department on County Road 14.
- 7:46 p.m., Neighbor’s dog attacked another dog that was on a leash along East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes. Officer did not observe any injuries on either dog.
- 10:06 p.m., A 28-year-old woman was arrested for DWI on State Highway 87, Frazee.
Friday, July 8
- 11:06 a.m., Code violation reported at a residence along Curry Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- 12:22 p.m., Theft of a 2002 Grand Prix was reported at a residence on Hawk Street, Detroit Lakes. The keys were in the vehicle.
- 2:35 p.m., Man refused AIS inspection at a public access on Lake Melissa. The man then began yelling in front of children in an aggressive manner.
- 8:28 p.m., Smell of marijuana odor was reported at a business along Highway 10, Detroit Lakes. The officers were not able to locate the source.
- 9:02 p.m., A Glock gun was reported stolen from a vehicle at a residence on West Lake Drive, Detroit Lakes.
- 10:51 p.m., Disturbance from an intoxicated man who was walking on Migizi Avenue, Ponsford, threatening to “cut children.” The 52-year-old man was arrested for terroristic threats. A 42-year-old woman with the man and was also arrested.
Saturday, July 9
- 2:24 a.m., Brick was thrown through the windshield of a vehicle at a residence along 353rd Circle, Ogema.
- 12:49 p.m., Red motorized scooter was stolen from a business on Main Street, Frazee.
- 8:27 p.m., Arrests were made during a traffic stop on Highway 34. The driver, a 21-year-old man, was arrested for second degree DWI. An 18-year-old woman was arrested for an outstanding warrant. A 35-year-old woman was cited for having an open container.
Sunday, July 10
- 12:19 a.m., Motorist ran out of gas on Highway 10 and the Detroit Lakes police officer provided a ride to a gas station and back to their vehicle.
- 11:19 a.m., Theft of UTV was reported along 170th Street, Detroit Lakes. UTV was located.
- 11:29 a.m., Woman, 41, bit her husband at their residence on County Road 129. Husband asked the wife, who had substance abuse issues, to be removed.
- 1:46 p.m., Man, 41, arrested for DWI. The Argusville, N.D., driver was stopped along County Road 5.
- 1:56 p.m., Golf cart was stolen from a resort along 387th Street, Waubun.
- 2:49 p.m., Caller reported his girlfriend had taken his son out of school and opened accounts in his name. She was also buying cigarettes for a 17-year-old.