Becker County crime and fire report: June 20-June 22
Officers recover stolen bicycle, disturbance at scenic outlook results in arrest and other reports from the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Office
Monday, June 20
- 12:34 a.m., Disturbance was reported at a scenic overlook along U.S. Highway 10. Officers were told a man had a woman pinned against a wall and was screaming at her. When officers arrived it was determined the male, 34, had an outstanding warrant and was arrested.
- 11 a.m., Resident on Cozy Cove Road, Detroit Lakes, reported their computer had locked up over the weekend. A person stating they were from a computer company called and said they could pay for support to fix their computer. The caller stopped payment on a check once they figured out it was a scam.
- 11:18 a.m., Three residences along Migizi Avenue, Ponsford, were burglarized. Items that were taken included three 45-inch flat screen TVs, a rack of Diamond Willow knives and six cast iron pans.
- 3:20 p.m., Resident on Summit Avenue, Detroit Lakes, received a text from a person pretending to be a law enforcement representative. The text explained if the individual didn’t pay for a warrant, there would be trouble. The resident was assured the text was not legit, as the police do not send out text-to-pay alerts for warrants.
- 7:24 p.m., Power line pole snapped and was over a roadway along County Road 33, Frazee. Lake Region Electric was notified.
- 8:13 p.m., Tree and power line touched, sparking a fire along County Road 144, Detroit Lakes. Wild Rice Electric was notified and the Detroit Lakes Fire Department extinguished the flames.
- 8:21 p.m., Barn located on County Road 9, Lake Park, blew down from a storm and calves had to be rounded up.
Tuesday, June 21
- 1:41 p.m., Two power lines snapped along County Road 34, Ogema. Sparks were seen, followed by smoke. Wild Rice Electric was notified. White Earth Fire Department was canceled enroute.
- 2:17 p.m., A bicycle was reported stolen on Washington Avenue. Within four hours, officers located the bike and returned it to the owner.
- 4:15 p.m., Resident on Willow Street reported the theft of $25 and two grills, one of which was a hibachi. There is a suspect in the case.
- 4:56 p.m., Sheds at a residence along 150th Street, Frazee, were broken into. The locks had been pried off, but nothing was missing.
Wednesday, June 22
- 9:24 a.m., Female caller reported a male at the residence on Mission Road, Ogema, was throwing things. Officers transported the male to Essentia for evaluation.
- 1:52 p.m., A garbage truck struck a Cadillac while backing up to a dumpster on West Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- 4:23 p.m., Caller reported shots had been fired near 192nd Street, Lake Park. Officers located the person, who was shooting target practice in a safe manner.
- 7:08 p.m., Resident along Second Avenue, Callaway, reported a $10 car stereo and jumper cables had been stolen.
- 8:36 p.m., Male, 36, was breaking windows and causing a ruckus along Mission Road, Ogema. The man was transported to Essentia for evaluation and then brought to detox.