Becker County crime and fire report: June 25-26
Near drowning, tip canoe passengers cause concern, multiple fires reported and other reports from the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Office
Thursday, June 23
- 10:54 a.m., Railroad crossarm at Kris Street was broken and not operating properly. The railroad was contacted.
- 8:49 p.m., Back window was broken on a vehicle that was parked along Lake Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- 9:23 p.m., Power tools and a ladder were taken from the back of a pickup truck parked on Eighth Street, Detroit Lakes.
- 11:56 p.m., Lock was cut off of a storage unit on Jackson Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- 11:04 a.m., Thumb drives and CDs containing sexual photographs of minors were found by a relative of a resident who lived in Waubun and recently passed away. The family member turned the items containing the photographs over to authorities.
- 11:26 a.m., Cash bag with $1,000 was reported missing from a business located along Main Street, Audubon.
- 8:33 p.m., Scrap metal was stolen from a residence along County Highway 34, Ogema.
- 9:50 p.m., Male, 25, was arrested for a DWI along County Highway 21, Ogema.
- 10:06 p.m., Juveniles were riding bicycles off of a swimming dock into the lake at the public beach in Frazee.
- 11:26 p.m., Disturbance was reported when an 18-year-old daughter was intoxicated at her residence along Native Loop, Ponsford. The girl was cited for minor consumption of alcohol.
Friday, June 24
- 2:23 a.m., Resident along Barbara Avenue, Detroit Lakes, was digging a hole and hit a gas line with a shovel. Minnesota Energy responded. All was OK.
- 8:32 a.m., Female, 15, Detroit Lakes, reported she had been sexually assaulted last summer and again this past January. The incidents are under investigation.
- 6:46 p.m., Food truck failed to obtain a permit to sell food along Washington Avenue, and was cited for breaking a city ordinance.
- 7:22 p.m., Female, 33, went to a residence along County Highway 22, Detroit Lakes, and punched another 33-year-old woman in the face. The woman then turned herself in at the jail for the assault.
- 9:47 p.m., Transformer blew and started a tree on fire along County Road 25, Detroit Lakes. Detroit Lakes Fire Department and Wild Rice Electric responded.
- 10:02 p.m., Transformer blew along East Howe Lake Road, Detroit Lakes, and started trees on fire. The Detroit Lakes Fire Department responded.
- 10:25 p.m., Tree fell on a power line along County Road 39, Frazee. The Frazee Fire Department responded.
Saturday, June 25
- 12:50 a.m., Powerline fell on a tree and started a fire. The Waubun Fire Department and Wild Rice Electric responded.
- 5:56 a.m., Powerline fell on a tree and started a fire along East. Cozy Cove Road, Detroit Lakes. The Detroit Lakes Fire Department and Wild Rice Electric responded.
- 8:15 a.m., Theft of a spare tire was reported at a residence along Mission Road, Ogema. The caller also stated the back window of the vehicle had been smashed.
- 12:55 p.m., Vehicle was found in a slough along Park Road, Frazee, with a tire missing. The vehicle was determined to be unoccupied when officers arrived. The owner of the car was contacted. The officer learned the owner of the vehicle lent it to their son, who swerved to miss a deer and drove the car into a slough.
- 1:28 p.m., Gas tank and fish finder were removed from a boat parked at a residence along North Street, Detroit Lakes.
Sunday, June 26
- 12:42 a.m., Credit card was stolen from a business on West Lake Drive, Detroit Lakes, and later used.
- 1:39 p.m., Canoe tipped on Detroit Lake. Three individuals were near the craft and were wearing their life jackets. They were not in distress. The canoe tipped due to high wind.
- 1:50 p.m., Adult female, 72, sent $1,000 in a gift card scam. The resident lives along Highway 10.
- 2:44 p.m., Possible drowning was reported on Detroit Lake. A 12-year-old boy went missing from a pontoon. A dive team was called, and there was difficulty in locating the boy. However, he was found and OK. The boy was wearing a life jacket.
- 3:43 p.m., Paddleboarder was in distress due to waves on a windy lake. The individual was brought back to shore to their East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes, destination.
- 9:19 p.m., A live wire fell on trees and started a fire along 350th Avenue, Rochert. The Frazee Fire Department responded, as did Wild Rice Electric.
- 11:34 p.m., Overdose of a 25-year-old female was reported at a residence along County Road 143, Ogema. Multiple doses of Narcan were given before the woman was transported to Essentia.