Becker County crime and fire report: June 27-29
Airbags deployed in accident near Eagle Lake, Lowe Line boat owner sought and other reports from the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Office
Monday, June 27
- 9:35 a.m., Oil spill was reported at a transformer along 110th Street, Menahga. The spill was caused by a tree that fell during a storm.
- 9:49 a.m., Kids put a picnic table in the lake at the Frazee public beach. Officers removed the table and noted the city workers would chain the tables to the shelter to prevent the tables from going into the lake again.
- 10:52 a.m., Small fire with no permit to burn was reported along Brandy Lake Boulevard, Detroit Lakes. The Detroit Lakes Fire Department put the fire out and advised the resident against starting fires without a permit.
- 10:57 a.m., Adult female bumped into another vehicle while parking on Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes. The woman called the police to make a report. Before an officer arrived, the owner of the vehicle she bumped arrived and declined filing a report. All was OK.
- 12:34 a.m., Shed was on fire at a residence along County Highway 47, Osage. The shed was determined to be a sauna. The Carsonville Fire Department extinguished the fire. No injuries were reported.
- 1:19 p.m., Juvenile residing along 295th Avenue, Waubun, took a bottle of Tylenol. Girl was taken to Essentia. No age was given in the report.
- 1:47 p.m., Accident involving two vehicles was reported along Eagle Lake Road, Frazee. Airbags were deployed. One vehicle, a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu, was driven by a 63-year-old from Clear Lake, Minn. The other vehicle was a 2016 Orange Ford Escape. The report only stated the owner of the Escape was a 66-year-old Frazee resident, which does not mean the owner was driving the vehicle at the time of the crash. The report stated two people were going to the emergency room via personal vehicle and another person was transported in an ambulance.
Tuesday, June 28
- 8:49 a.m., Resident residing along U.S. Highway 10, Detroit Lakes, reported a debit card had been used without authorization in the past several weeks.
- 12:12 p.m., Technological devices were dropped off for repair at a business. The caller has not been able to get the items back.
- 2:06 p.m., Possible gas leak was reported along Rivercrest Drive, Frazee. Minnesota Energy was contacted and tested the gas lines. All was OK.
- 2:24 p.m., Senior citizens residing along Perch Lake Road, Detroit Lakes, turned weapons in to the sheriff’s office.
- 3:53 p.m., Company was hired to seal a driveway along County Highway 11, Audubon. The work was paid for up front, but the work was never done.
- 4:27 p.m., Report of sexual misconduct at a camp in Callaway dating back to 2016 or 2017 was taken from an out-of-state resident. The incident is under investigation.
- 6:09 p.m., Black smoke was seen along County Road 144, Detroit Lakes. Homeowner was advised to put the fire out and get a permit.
Wednesday, June 29
- 8:42 a.m., 1988 Lowe Line boat floated onto a shore along Sunset Drive, Ponsford. Attempts to contact the owner have been unsuccessful.
- 12:13 p.m., Male threatened a female along 120th Avenue, Lake Park. The neighbor intervened and brought the female to a crisis center. The male then began threatening the neighbor. Officers advised the neighbor on how to obtain a harassment restraining order.
- 12:30 p.m., Three or four catalytic converters were stolen from a residence along County Highway 6, Detroit Lakes.
- 6:27 p.m., Male, 75, struck a tree while driving a 2017 Toyota Corolla on East Height of Land Drive, Detroit Lakes. The man stated he didn’t think he was injured, but as a precaution the man was brought to Essentia.
- 6:32 p.m., Former property owner has repeatedly returned to a property on Ida’s Road, Osage. Caller was informed the matter was a civil issue.
- 6:46 p.m., Tree fell on a power line and a fire started along Little Toad Road, Frazee. The Frazee Fire Department responded and extinguished the flames. Wild Rice Electric was also called to fix the power line.