Becker County crime and fire report: May 16-18
A porta-potty was tipped over, a cherry picker engine lift was stolen from a storage shed, and other recent reports from the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Office.
We are part of The Trust Project.
Monday, May 16
- 8:11 am., Fire in a small ditch was reported. The Carsonville Fire Department put out the fire.
- 8:39 a.m., Car windows smashed along YMCA Lane, Lake Park. A BB gun was inside the vehicle with smashed windows, as were the keys.
- 3:23 p.m., Two adult women were reportedly fighting along Mission Road, Ogema. Officers were not able to locate the parties.
- 3:51p.m., Two diamond rings were taken from a residence along County Highway 29, Detroit Lakes.
- 7:38 p.m., Adult male was informed reckless driving was not permitted along North River Drive in Frazee. The 27-year-old man apologized and said it wouldn’t happen again.
- 10:07 p.m., Camper was on fire along 170th Street, Detroit Lakes. No one was in the camper and there were no electrical hook-ups plugged into the camper. Responding to the fire were Detroit Lakes and Frazee fire departments, the Becker County Sheriff’s Office and Detroit Lakes Police Department.
- 11:21 p.m., Multiple vehicles were at Lions Park in Frazee after the park closed. Officer found drug paraphernalia in a vehicle. No arrests were made.
Tuesday, May 17
- 8:22 a.m., Brick was thrown at a vacant house on State Street, Detroit Lakes.
- 12:51 a.m., Runaway was reported at a Frazee residence. The 13-year-old was found and given a ride home.
- 3:01 p.m., Attempted Amazon/bank fraud reported in Frazee; the transaction was stopped.
- 3:05 p.m., Internet scam reported in Detroit Lakes.
- 5:02 p.m., A 12-year-old girl was allegedly struck by an ATV driven by a male family member near Beaver Trail, Ogema. The driver said the girl grabbed his shirt when he took off. No injuries were reported.
- 5:33 p.m., Domestic reported between a father and son in Detroit Lakes. The son was arrested on a North Dakota warrant.
- 8:03 p.m., Harassment reported between a renter and landlord in Detroit Lakes, due to garbage on the property. The two were advised on harassment restraining orders.
Wednesday, May 18
- 10:33 a.m., Phone reportedly stolen from a vehicle parked on Lake Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- 5:15 p.m., A cherry picker engine lift was stolen from a storage unit located on Eight Street, Detroit Lakes. The theft reportedly happened within the last month.
- 12:56 p.m., Students were being disorderly at the school on Roosevelt Avenue, Detroit Lakes. The disruption was handled internally.
- 3:08 p.m., Vandals cut several strings of lights hung in trees at a residence on Timber Drive, Detroit Lakes.
- 10:09 a.m., Golf irons were stolen from a residence along River Hills Lane, Detroit Lakes.
- 11:51 a.m., Small grass fire was reported along County Highway 34, Ogema. Caller was able to stomp out the fire.
- 9:03 p.m., Porta-potty was tipped over at a property along Pearl Lake Drive. A small black vehicle with teens was seen in the area. Officers were unable to locate.
A Bemidji man escaped the Becker County Courthouse on July 6 during a scheduled court appearance for a separate escape attempt.
With 71 different items up for online bid, the Detroit Lakes Police Department's abandoned and seized property online auction opened through do-bid.com. Bidding will close on July 17 at 7 p.m.
Golf: Detroit Lakes' Kate Smith pays it forward with free clinic; Reflects on earning Epson Tour status
Kate Smith returned to Detroit Lakes to host a free golf clinic at Lakeview Golf Course. She spoke with the Detroit Lakes Tribune about golfing at the high school, college and professional levels and her selection as one of the Star Tribune's 50 most influential girls high school athletes from Minnesota in its Title IX celebration.