Becker County crime and fire report: May 27-June 1
A rifle was stolen from a garage, a man ran into the woods to avoid EMTs after an overdose, and other recent reports from the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Office
Friday, May 27
- 9:02 a.m., Rifle stolen from a garage along Stone Creek Drive, Detroit Lakes. The garage door was open.
- 10:57 a.m., Trailer reported as stolen in Park Rapids.
- 1:04 p.m., Fire started behind a house and approached junk cars along County Road 129.
- 1:12 p.m., Bullet hole reported in a garage along Redman Beach Road, Lake Park. The residence had been uninhabited since last October.
- 1:55 p.m., Dock was installed for a resident along County Highway 22, Detroit Lakes. The resident was charged $100, but felt the time it took to install the dock was not worth the charge and refused to pay for the service. The installer then took the person’s boat lift for payment. Boat lift was returned before officers arrived.
- 7:51 p.m., Vehicle stopped on Airport Road, Detroit Lakes, for passengers not wearing seat belts. An adult female gave the officer a false name and date of birth. It was later determined she had a warrant. The woman was also given a dose of narcan and was arrested.
- 8:10 p.m., Child threatened other kids with a BB gun along County Highway 21, Ogema. Officer spoke with the child and the child's parents.
- 8:50 p.m., Report of an ATV driving erratically on Front Street, Detroit Lakes; officers were unable to locate.
- 10:01 p.m., Large bonfire with an open pit was reported along Second Street, Lake Park. Resident extinguished the fire.
Saturday, May 28
- 12:35 p.m., DWI charge given to a 65-year-old Hawley male driving on County Highway 5, Pelican Rapids.
- 9:23 a.m., Yard ornament stolen along Bass Lake Road, Osage. Caller emailed pictures of a male and female taking the item around 10 p.m.
- 4:05 p.m., Resident along Hillside Road, Lake Park, was pressure washing an electrical meter reading box when it began to spark. Wild Rice Electric arrived on scene and took care of the issue without further incident.
- 4:50 p.m., Grass fire reported along Thunderbolt Ranch Road, Lake Park. The resident did not have a permit and DNR-Fire of Detroit Lakes and Lake Park Fire Department extinguished the fire.
- 6:02 p.m., Grass fire reported near Elbow Lake Cemetery. Dispatch was contacted a short time later and informed the fire had been extinguished.
Sunday, May 29
- 12:22 p.m., Female, 35, was assaulted by another female, 46. The assault was recorded on a security camera and the suspect was issued a fifth degree assault charge.
- 4:33 p.m., Wallet with $100 was stolen at a business along County Highway 17, Detroit Lakes.
Monday, May 30
- 12:42 p.m., Assault of a juvenile was reported by another juvenile along North Shore Drive. No medical care was needed and parents agreed to address the matter with their children.
- 12:51 p.m., Utility trailer and 2006 Honda CRF-100 were stolen from a residence along 400th Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
Tuesday, May 31
- 8:42 a.m., Adult female in Detroit Lakes reported an assault that happened more than a year ago.
- 9:27 a.m., Power line snapped after a tree fell on it, sparking a fire along State Highway 87. Lake Region Electric managed the electrical aspects of the call, while the Frazee Fire Department contained the fire.
- 11:38 a.m., Boat floated away from a residence on Ida Oaks Road, Pelican Rapids. A neighbor helped locate and return the boat to the proper dock.
- 12:47 p.m., Two realtor signs had been removed from County Road 5 in Lake Park and placed at rural properties that were not for sale.
- 2:08 p.m., Railroad crossing arm malfunction. Railroad was notified.
- 5:41 p.m., Adult female residing on Jackson Avenue, Detroit Lakes, reported $500 was taken from her residence. The incident is under investigation.
- 6:04 p.m., Suspicious person reported near a dumpster on Meadow Lane, Detroit Lakes. The individual was gone by the time an officer arrived.
- 10:54 p.m., Juvenile runaway reported on Willow Street, Detroit Lakes. Child returned home on their own soon after.
Wednesday, June 1
- 10:01 a.m., Parent disgruntled with a coach; extra patrol requested along Roosevelt Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- 10:11 a.m., Hit-and-run on Lake Avenue, Detroit Lakes. Vehicle struck had minor damage.
- 10:23 a.m., Fraudulent checks reported at a business on Holmes Street, Detroit Lakes.
- 11:12 a.m., Caller reported a gas smell near Second Street, Lake Park. Officers checked the area and nearby propane tanks, but did not locate any leaks or smells. A gas station contact informed officers they had performed maintenance on their tanks, which likely created the smell that caused alarm.
- 11:18 p.m., Vandalism at a residence on Andrews Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- 12:56 p.m., Two small grass fires reported along County Highway 4, Lake Park. Lake Park Fire Department extinguished the fires.
- 3:09 p.m., Two juveniles were reportedly driving ATVs in a ditch along County Highway 1, Lake Park, and jumping driveway approaches; officers were unable to locate.
- 3:44 p.m., Books stolen from a business along Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes; suspect taken into custody.
- 4:54 p.m., Domestic incident reported in Frazee; suspect taken into custody.
- 5:49 p.m., Dog theft by a known party on Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes. The dog was returned to the residence.
- 7:01 p.m., Overdose reported at a residence in Ogema. When first responders arrived, a man ran into the woods. Witnesses at the scene informed EMTs that narcan was given to the man by someone at the residence.
- 7:42 p.m., Male party was screaming near an alley on Lake Street, Frazee. The man was later arrested for violating a harassment restraining order.
- 10:25 p.m., Teenager was running down County Road 109, waving their hands; teen was located by an officer and returned home.