ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Clothes dryer causes early-morning fire at Lake Maud home

Audubon and Detroit Lakes firefighters responded to the call about 1:15 a.m., after the homeowner reported an active fire in the laundry room.

fire-report.png
We are part of The Trust Project.

No injuries were reported in a house fire at 11498 Lake Maud Road in rural Detroit Lakes early Wednesday morning.

Audubon and Detroit Lakes firefighters responded to the call about 1:15 a.m., after the homeowner reported an active fire in the laundry room.

The homeowner then called back with an update that everyone was out of the house, and they believed they were able to put the fire out, but there was a lot of smoke in the residence.

When they got there, firefighters and emergency personnel confirmed that the homeowner had extinguished the fire, which was caused by a clothes dryer.

The fire caused smoke damage in the residence and minor fire damage to the laundry room, according to a news release from the Becker County Sheriff’s Office. Audubon Rescue, Lake Park Alert, St. Mary's EMS, and the Becker County Sheriff's Office assisted at the scene.

ADVERTISEMENT

Related Topics: DETROIT LAKESBECKER COUNTY
What to read next
As part of water skiing’s centennial celebration in 2022, USA Water Ski and Wake Sports, along with Big Pine Lake Water Ski Team, is hosting a free Learn to Ski clinic on July 7-8.
They could also show mood swings, intense anger or sadness, withdrawal from activities the child once enjoyed and self-abusive behaviors.
The man kicked in the door of a residence near Osage, hit a man there with something made of glass, then assaulted him, according to court records.
Like most people, staff members at Mellow Moods in Detroit Lakes were caught a little off-guard by the new THC-infused edibles law that took effect in Minnesota on July 1, but see it as an important step toward recreational cannabis in Minnesota, one staff member said.