Crime and fire report: Frazee man arrested in domestic assault; woman injured after being thrown from horse
A Frazee man reportedly slapped and tackled a 57-year-old Frazee woman to the ground, according to an emergency dispatcher report.
We are part of The Trust Project.
Monday, Aug. 15
- 5:40 a.m., near Lake Park, a gray 2014 Chevrolet Silverado was reported stolen.
- 7:48 a.m., near Front Street, Detroit Lakes, debit cards were stolen from a vehicle. The cards were canceled.
- 10:18 a.m., near Highway 10, Detroit Lakes, two-vehicle crash. One transported to Essentia St. Mary’s with possible injuries.
- 12:57 p.m., at Walmart, Detroit Lakes, four incidents of shoplifting were reported. Two trespass reports were also filed.
- 2:41 p.m., near Detroit Lakes, disorderly. A 62-year-old Minneapolis woman showed up to a residence drunk and refused to leave. The woman was arrested for trespassing.
- 3:26 p.m., near Detroit Lakes, fraud reported. The case is under investigation.
- 4:51 p.m., near Frazee, possible identity theft. The caller reported unauthorized charges of their credit card and an email notice for a vehicle they never purchased.
- 6:38 p.m., near Highway 10, Frazee, domestic assault. A 50-year-old Frazee man reportedly slapped and tackled a 57-year-old Frazee woman to the ground. No weapons. No medical needed. The man was arrested at the scene.
- 7:25 p.m., near 230th Avenue, Detroit Lakes, a woman was thrown from a horse. She was reported as breathing, but unconscious. The woman was transported to Essentia Health St. Mary’s in Detroit Lakes for treatment.
Tuesday, Aug. 16
- 3:46 a.m., near West Lake Drive, Detroit Lakes, a 29-year-old Detroit Lakes man woke up in the yard of a residence and was bleeding from the head. He wasn’t sure if he fell, or was assaulted. No transport was needed. The case is under investigation.
- 12:06 p.m., Lakes Liquor, Detroit Lakes, bad check received.
- 1:25 p.m., at Walmart, Detroit Lakes, shoplifting.
- 4:45 p.m., near Detroit Lakes, assault. A 51-year-old Detroit Lakes man reportedly struck another man in the face. The assault broke the man’s glasses and cut his face. No medical transport needed. No arrests made. The incident is under investigation.
- 5:02 p.m., near Park Trail, Osage, burglary reported.
- 7:52 p.m., near Detroit Lakes, verbal threats reported.
- 8:19 p.m., near Goose Trail and Highway 34, Ogema, assault. A 36-year-old White Earth man reportedly assaulted a juvenile family member. No injuries were reported. No arrests were made.
Wednesday, Aug, 17
- 8:18 a.m., near Ogema, theft. A caller reported gasoline has been siphoned from their boat regularly since June. The caller installed trail cameras and will report back if it continues to happen.
- 12:47 p.m., near Detroit Lakes, a client of a group home assaulted a staff member. No injuries reported.
- 12:48 p.m., at Walmart, Detroit Lakes, two-vehicle crash. No injuries.
- 1:53 p.m., near Highway 10, Detroit Lakes, unauthorized charges on a credit card.
- 4:05 p.m., at Walmart, Detroit Lakes, an individual suffered possible heat stroke. They were transported to Essentia St. Mary’s in Detroit Lakes.
- 5:04 p.m., near Highway 59, Detroit Lakes, a rock struck a parked vehicle causing minor damage.
- 6:21 p.m., near Highway 10, Frazee, trespass. A former tenant who had been evicted from a property returned to the location. The 57-year-old Frazee woman was warned she would be arrested if she continued to return.
When Jay Clark and Tammy Soma Clark began Rochester's Apples R Us in 2009 they only had 300 trees planted, now in 2022, they have over 12,500 with plans to plant a third orchard section by 2024.
The couple and their two dogs were found dead at a residence in Lakeview Township, near Detroit Lakes, on Sept. 27.
The two will be on the Nov. 8 general election ballot, since longtime incumbent Commissioner Larry Knutson didn’t file for reelection this year. The big district basically covers the eastern half of Becker County.