Crime and fire report: Two incidents of property damaged by gun fire in Becker County
On Friday, March 4, two separate incidents of property damage by gun fire were reported in Becker County. In Ponsford, an Arvig employee reported a storage box containing cables was damaged by gunfire. Also, in Osage, a caller discovered six bullet holes in their mailbox. Law enforcement believes the incidents may be connected and are investigating the cases.
The following reports were compiled from the Becker County Sheriff’s Office and Detroit Lakes Police Department from an official with knowledge of the cases, unless otherwise noted.
Thursday, March 3
- 9:19 a.m., at Bakke Lutheran Church, Detroit Lakes, burglary. A door was forced open and damaged. Nothing else appears to be damaged.
- 10:22 a.m., 39000 block County Road 34, Ogema, fraud. Personal checks were stolen, cashed and bounced. The case is under investigation.
- 2:46 p.m., near Ponsford, possible overdose on pills. A 15-year-old girl was transported to a nearby medical clinic for treatment.
- 3:23 p.m., 600 block Vigen Lane, Lake Park, a parent called the Lake Park-Audubon High School principal to inform them that their son purchased marijuana on school grounds from a male student.
- 4:05 p.m., near Holmes Street and Rossman Avenue, Detroit Lakes, two-vehicle crash. No injuries.
- 9:10 p.m., 700 block 7th Street, Frazee, theft. A chainsaw, extra chains, a cordless drill, a circular sander and various paints and solvents were stolen from a shop. The case is under investigation.
Friday, March 4
- 8:10 a.m., 100 block Shorewood Drive, Detroit Lakes, physical assault. A 13-year-old girl assaulted her mother during an argument about going to school. No injuries were reported. The girl was transported to a nearby medical clinic for evaluation.
- 9:02 a.m., 1300 block Madison Avenue, Detroit Lakes, a window was broken at an apartment building. The incident is under investigation.
- 11:21 a.m., near 330th Street and 500th Avenue, Ponsford, an Arvig employee reported one of their storage boxes containing cables was damaged by gun fire. The case is under investigation.
- 12:01 p.m., 200 block 5th Street, Frazee, a power line was reported down.
- 12:46 p.m., at Walmart, Detroit Lakes, shoplifting.
- 2:11 p.m., 27000 block County Road 156, Osage, a caller discovered six bullet holes in their mailbox. Law enforcement believes this incident may be linked to a case in Ponsford.
- 4:19 p.m., 26000 block Eagle Road, Ogema, past action assault. A 26-year-old White Earth woman reported being assaulted a couple of weeks ago and didn’t report the incident because she was afraid. The case is under investigation.
- 6:21 p.m., 700 block Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes, two-vehicle crash. No injuries.
- 6:36 p.m., 36000 block White Fish Lane, Ogema, possible heroin overdose. The caller reported the possible overdose, but wouldn’t give an exact address and refused medical treatment.
- 6:47 p.m., near County Road 29, Frazee, single-vehicle rollover. Unoccupied, but tracks were leading away from the crash to the roadway.
- 9:36 p.m., 200 block Barbara Avenue, Detroit Lakes, harassment. The caller has received thousands of text messages even after blocking the number of the sender. The caller was advised on how to obtain a harassment restraining order.
- 10:26 p.m., 800 block south Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes, report of juveniles shooting at each other in the mall parking lot. The kids were shooting at each other with Orbeez guns, which shoot a gel-water projectile. The suspects were apologetic and said they’d stop.
Saturday, March 5
- 9:35 a.m., 100 block north Manninen Avenue, Menahga, a parked vehicle was spray painted.
- 9:45 a.m., 700 block Elm Street, Detroit Lakes, a house was listed as “for sale” on CraigsList, but the house isn’t for sale.
- 10:35 a.m., 100 block west Main Avenue, Frazee, $510 reported missing from a safe at a business.
- 6:05 p.m., at Walmart, Detroit Lakes, an employee walkie-talkie was stolen.
- 8:06 p.m., at CVS, Detroit Lakes, shoplifting.
- 10:04 p.m., at Domino's Pizza, Detroit Lakes, report of former employees harassing current employees.
- 11:22 p.m., at Central Market, Detroit Lakes, report of several pickup trucks in the parking lot squealing their tires.
- 11:33 p.m., 34000 block Hubble Pond Road, Rochert, multiple citations issued for minor consumption at a party attended by juveniles.
Sunday, March 6
- 12:36 p.m., 16000 block County Road 18, Ogema, single-vehicle rollover. No injuries.
- 1:57 p.m., near County Road 34 and 370th Street, Ogema, Louis Harold Londo Jr., 39, of Ogema, was reported as missing. White Earth Police are leading the investigation into the disappearance.
- 4:30 p.m., near mile marker 33 on Highway 10, single-vehicle rollover. Two occupants. No injuries.
- 5:01 p.m., 28000 block County Road 21, Callaway, single-vehicle rollover. No injuries.
- 5:26 p.m., 16000 block County Road 15, Audubon, single-vehicle rollover. No injuries.