Police & sheriff news: Accidental gunshot wound reported
The following items were reported to the Becker County Sheriff’s Office and Detroit Lakes Police Department:
- At 12:01 a.m. June 4 a woman on the 27000 block of Killian Road, Rochert, reported that a man she knew had beaten her up and left in a brown truck. White Earth Ambulance was called to take her to a hospital.
- At 1:32 a.m. June 4 a man on the 26000 block of County Road 37 reported that two four-wheeler ATVs had been stolen from his residence. He said he woke up to the noise, and found one at the end of his driveway.
- At 5:04 a.m. June 4 a squad car hit a deer at Highway 59 and County Road 6.
- At 5:41 a.m. June 4 a car-deer collision was reported on County Road 40, rural Menahga.
- At 7:24 a.m. June 4 a resident on the 100 block of Fifth Street Southeast, Frazee, reported a truck had been scratched with a sharp object overnight.
- At 6:58 p.m. June 4 the theft of three farmers' market signs were reported stolen from Highway 59 in the Ogema area.
- At 2:55 a.m. June 5 a squad car-raccoon collision was reported on the 20000 block of County Road 25, Detroit Lakes.
- At 11:35 a.m. June 5 a cellphone that had been reported stolen in Moorhead was tracked to the Detroit Country Club, where it had been placed in the lost and found.
- At 2:37 p.m. June 5 a truck fire was reported at County Road 21 and 190th Street. The man driving the 1995 Ford pickup truck said he was northbound on County Road 21 when smoke started coming into the cab through the vent. He stopped and tried to put out the engine fire, but it was engulfed.
- At 4:04 a.m. June 6 a squad car hit a deer at Highway 34 and Highland Drive, Detroit Lakes.
- At 4:14 a.m June 6 a car-deer collision was reported on Highway 34.
- At 10:37 p.m. June 6 a resident on the 300 block of East Willow Street, Detroit Lakes, reported two rear tires had been slashed on a vehicle.
- At 12:05 p.m. June 6, an assault was reported on the 200 block of East Main Street, Detroit Lakes. The assault came during a fight between two people.
- At 3:59 p.m. June 6 a theft from a vehicle was reported on the 100 block of Lake Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- At 4:42 p.m. June 6 Hubbard County authorities reported an ATV crash with one person injured at Smokey Hills Trail and County Road 39, Osage. North Memorial Ambulance was dispatched from Park Rapids. No further information was available.
- At 7:43 p.m. June 6 a report that people were vandalizing the Elbow Lake Recreation Center.
- At 12:13 p.m. June 7 a vehicle was found abandoned after what looked like a rollover crash at Guyles Road and Old Mill Road, Osage.
- At 2:35 p.m. June 7 a vehicle tire was reported slashed on the 200 block of East Central Street, Detroit Lakes.
- At 8:29 p.m. June 7 about a dozen people were fighting when officers responded to a disturbance call on the 18000 block of 335th Avenue, along the Otter Tail River. Six or seven crowbars and several shovels were being used as weapons. One intoxicated man was found bleeding heavily from the head.
- At 2:56 a.m. June 8 a vehicle was reported on fire on the west end of the new projects in Pine Point. The 1989 GMC Sierra pickup truck had been stolen over the weekend from Frazee Auto Body & Glass.
- At 10:33 a.m. June 8 the rear tire of a vehicle was reported slashed on the 1200 block of Lincoln Avenue, Detroit Lakes.
- At 4:32 p.m. June 8 a garage burglary was reported on the 37000 block of Southwest Height of Land Lake, Rochert. About $500 worth of food was taken from a freezer in the garage.
- At 7:10 p.m. June 8 a resident on the 200 block of Lake Avenue reported a house window had been shot by someone with a BB gun.
- At 10:19 p.m. June 8 Hubbard County authorities reported an accidental gunshot wound to the foot suffered by a person at the north pit in Two Inlets State Forest. No details were available.