Following are the state-listed total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, as of Thursday, May 6.
- Becker: 3,765, up 9 cases since May 5, including 1 additional death (50 deaths).
- Clay (Moorhead): 8,093, up 18 cases since May 5 (92 deaths).
Otter Tail: 5,689, up 14 cases since May 5 (78 deaths).
- Hubbard: 1,842, up 10 cases since May 5 (41 deaths).
Norman: 538, no new cases since May 5 (9 deaths).
Mahnomen: 540, up 1 case since May 5 (8 deaths).
Clearwater: 857, up 1 case since May 5 (16 deaths).
- Wadena: 1,535, up 13 cases since May 5 (21 deaths).
In Otter Tail County as of May 5, there were 82 active cases, an increase of 7 active cases since Tuesday, with 5,593 cases no longer contagious, according to Otter Tail County Public Health.
In Becker County as of May 6, there were 92 active cases, an increase of 4 active cases since Tuesday, with 3,673 cases no longer contagious, according to Becker County Public Health.
In Cass County, N.D. (Fargo) as of May 6, there were 190 active COVID-19 cases, a decrease of 1 active case since Wednesday, according to the North Dakota Health Department. There have been 24,387 cases reported in Cass County since the pandemic began, including 208 deaths.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.