The northwest Minnesota 8-county lakes area reported a total of 933 new COVID-19 cases this week. The new case total is 174, or 23%, more when compared with the week prior.
Following are the state-listed total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, from Sept. 15 to Sept. 21.
- Becker: 4,499, up 183 cases since Sept. 15, including 1 additional death (60 deaths).
- Clay (Moorhead): 9,285, up 227 cases since Sept. 15 (95 deaths).
Otter Tail: 6,838, up 201 cases since Sept. 15, including 5 additional deaths (95 deaths).
- Hubbard: 2,385, up 117 cases since Sept. 15 (41 deaths).
Norman: 673, up 42 cases since Sept. 15 (9 deaths).
Mahnomen: 706, up 44 cases since Sept. 15 (9 deaths).
Clearwater: 1,054, up 52 cases since Sept. 15 (18 deaths).
- Wadena: 1,894, up 67 cases since Sept. 15, including 3 additional deaths (26 deaths).
Otter Tail County reported 156 active cases on Sept. 15, an increase of 62 active cases over the previous week, according to Otter Tail County Public Health.
Becker County reported 235 active cases, an increase of 76 active cases, or a 48% increase, since Sept. 15, with 4,264 cases no longer requiring isolation, according to Becker County Public Health.
Cass County, N.D. (Fargo) reported 575 active COVID-19 cases, a decrease of 5 active cases since Sept. 15, according to the North Dakota Health Department. There have been 28,044 cases reported in Cass County since the pandemic began, including 220 deaths.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.