Jackets make quick work of Laker tennis
The Perham Yellowjackets took six of seven matches to down the Laker boys tennis team in a Section 8A dual at Perham Thursday, May 10. The Jackets won all six of their matches in straight sets and only allowed five games to DL in four singles mat...
The Perham Yellowjackets took six of seven matches to down the Laker boys tennis team in a Section 8A dual at Perham Thursday, May 10.
The Jackets won all six of their matches in straight sets and only allowed five games to DL in four singles matches.
“Positives to take away from this match is that we implemented the things we worked on in practice to the match,” head coach Zach Biggar said. “Also the chatter between courts was unbelievable. It can be tough being away from home and the more the boys can hype each other up, the better. Perham is always a tough team. They make you play. They minimize their mistakes and make you beat them. We are growing every match and we are getting better every day. Sections are nearing so all of these matches are important.”
Conner Froke and Jens Richards recorded the lone Laker victory winning at two-singles. The Laker pair had to work to get that team point after a quick 6-1 victory in the first set. Perham’s Anthony Reese and Jordan Much rallied to take set two by a break of serve 6-4 before Froke and Richards pulled out a 10-8 pro set victory in the deciding set.
DL faces Fergus Falls and Thief River Falls in Fergus Tuesday, May 15. The Lakers will see Perham again in the final home meet Thursday, May 17.
Perham 6, Detroit Lakes 1
1. Carter Cresap (Pr) over Pedro Lacasa (DL) 6-0, 6-0
2. Ben Winkels(Pr) over Tanner Doppler (DL) 6-0,6-1
3. Josh Peterson (Pr) over Austin Baker (DL) 6-2, 6-0
4. Drew Birkland (Pr) over Garrett Knopf (DL) 6-1, 6-1
1. Gunnar Anderson/Ryan Murphy (Pr) over Gabe Hanninen/Trey Seebold (DL) 6-1, 7-6
2. Conner Froke/Jens Richards (DL) over Anthony Reese/Jordan Munch (Pr) 6-1, 4-6, 10-8
3. Nathan Kawlewski/Elijah Schmidt (Pr) over Isaac Eggebraaten/Jacob Hanson (DL) 6-3, 6-4