Spuds down Laker tennis
The Moorhead Spuds swept five of seven matches in straight sets to down Detroit Lakes 5-2 in a tennis dual on the Lakers’ home courts.
“Really tough match against Moorhead today,” head coach Zach Biggar said. “We had a tough time today getting anything going in the doubles game. Moorhead played well and made our guys do a lot of different things. We are hoping to address some of the issues and get back to work on Monday. Having East Grand Forks and Perham next week, it’s going to be an important week to play some good tennis.”
The Lakers got victories at two and four-singles from Tanner Doppler and Conner Froke, respectively.
Doppler defeated Jacob Chapman four and three. Froke won quickly one and two.
DL hits the road to a triangular at Bemidji with a tough Jacks team and section foes East Grand Forks Tuesday, May 8 and are at Perham Thursday, May 9.
The Yellowjackets (7-1) have won seven consecutive duals and have a week break before seeing the Lakers in their next match.
Moorhead 5, DL 2
1. Brycen Lunak (M) over Pedro Lacasa (DL) 6-1, 6-3
2. Tanner Doppler (DL) over Jacob Chapman (M) 6-4, 6-3
3. Hagar Khalid (M) over Austin Baker (DL) 6-0, 6-0
4. Conner Froke (DL) over Ives Hilgers (M) 6-1, 6-2
1. Landon Overbo/Mike Thibert (M) over Trey Seebold/Gabe Hanninen (DL) 6-2, 6-2
2. Aric Cai/Levi Nelson (M) over Jens Richards/Garrett Knopf (DL) 6-1, 6-0
3. Heron Sheldon/Michael Overbo (M) over Jacob Hanson/Isaac Eggebraaten 7-6, 6-2