Detroit Lakes dropped a 5-2 dual match at home to the Perham Yellowjackets in boys tennis Tuesday, April 23.
“We are trying to find out which guys play well together,” head coach Zach Biggar said. “We see most of these teams twice in a season, so these first matches are mostly trying to see how the boys matchup against the other team. We are young and still trying to piece some things together.”
The Lakers have struggled getting points in singles matches. Perham swept all four matches in straight sets giving up only 11 games in four matches.
DL got its two points from one and three doubles.
Trey Seebold and Gabe Hanninen cruised two and love over Elijah Schmidt and Jordan Muench in the top doubles match. At three doubles, Caden Smith and Jordan Fields won for the second consecutive match defeating Zach Peterson and Dylan Fudge 7-5, 2-6, 10-6.
Detroit Lakes heads back on the road Thursday, April 25 to face the Pirates in Crookston.
Perham 5, Detroit Lakes 2
- Carter Cresap (P) over Sam Spry (DL) 6-4, 6-1
- Josh Peterson (P) over Nate Cihak (DL) 6-1 6-0
- Gunnar Anderson (P) over Austin Miller (DL) 6-1 6-2
- Drew Birkeland (P) over Gabe Reller (DL) 6-1 6-1
- Trey Seebold/Gabe Hanninen (DL) over Elijah Schmidt/Jordan Muench (P) 6-2 6-0
- Anthony Reese/Landon Stevens (P) over Braeden Wimmer/Connor Zamzo (DL) 6-1 6-3
- Caden Smith/Jordan Fields (DL) over Zach Peterson/ Dylan Fudge (P) 7-5 2-6 10-6